montresmecaniques.forumactif.com ( montres mécaniques, horlogerie, mouvement )

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

montresmecaniques

Le Deal du moment : -15%
(Adhérents Fnac) LEGO® Star Wars™ ...
Voir le deal
552.49 €

+7
XX-FF
christo
Noodia
MattS
cisco
p@trice
LuDi
11 participants

Omega et autres WWW

LuDi

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 Empty Re: Omega et autres WWW

Message par LuDi Mar 12 Mar 2013, 07:56

LuDi a écrit:

.., et un 0552 "gilt" en route.... Wink

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 Cwc11
    thomasm
    thomasm

Message par thomasm Mar 12 Mar 2013, 14:04

LuDi a écrit:"We have pleasure in giving you below the information we found in our old, hand-written production register regarding your LONGINES watch.

Serial number 6’929’xxx is a wrist watch for gents in stainless steel ref. 5707
    It has been invoiced on 17th July 1945 to Messrs. Baume, who were our agents in the U.K.for many years
    It is equipped with a movement calibre 12.68Z, 15 jewels
    We have no information concerning the markings on the case. Some markings are made directly by our agents.

Hope this information is convenient to you, and always at your disposal, I remain with my best regards.

Raymond Krebs
    Archives & Documentation

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 Longines_logo%5B1%5D

Compagnie des Montres Longines Francillon SA "

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 Longin14

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 Longin16

Je pense qu'elle mérite sa propre revue cette Omega Longines www!

Wink

edit

Dernière édition par thomasm le Mar 12 Mar 2013, 16:46, édité 1 fois
    christo
    christo

Message par christo Mar 12 Mar 2013, 16:28

Bientot 87 ans pour Thomas ...

Il s'agit d'une Longines et pas d'une Omega.

lol!
    LuDi
    LuDi

Message par LuDi Mar 12 Mar 2013, 16:40

christo a écrit:Bientot 87 ans pour Thomas ...

Il s'agit d'une Longines et pas d'une Omega.

lol!

... et autres W.W.W , laissons lui le bénéfice du doute à notre Thomas Wink

Et puis l'omega est encore chez l'horloger... Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 1951120258

La biz' Cool

Ps: bientôt 87 ans aux fraises, devrais- je cèder mon ex pseudo pepere à Thomas ?!? Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 1376125924 ... À moins qu'une bonne paire de binocles ??? Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 195263
    LuDi
    LuDi

Message par LuDi Jeu 16 Mai 2013, 06:25

Articles du British Horological journal, octobre & novembre 2012

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 ZuluTimePart11FINAL
    Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 ZuluTimePart12FINAL
    Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 ZuluTimePart13FINAL
    Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 ZuluTimePart14FINAL
    Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 ZuluTimePart15FINAL
    Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 ZuluTimePart16FINALref
    Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 ZuluTimePart21FINAL
    Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 ZuluTimePart22FINAL
    Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 ZuluTimePart23FINAL
    Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 ZuluTimePart24FINAL

... et en bonus, la partie du defstan 3 relative aux straps pour les montres "British general service"

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 Def-3strapdetailsformwr-001

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 53omegastrap

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 53omegastrap2

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 Broadarrowmark

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 53omegastrap3
    (Credit hq sandman ute @MWR)

Bonne lecture accord

p@trice
    p@trice

Message par p@trice Jeu 16 Mai 2013, 10:01

Merci Fred pour ce complément passionnant !

J'en profite pour te refeliciter pour cette Longines, elle est terrible !
    LuDi
    LuDi

Message par LuDi Dim 01 Sep 2013, 14:37

LuDi a écrit:Et puis l'omega est encore chez l'horloger...  Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 1951120258
    Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 Ck244411

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 Ck244412

Mr Gregory, si vous nous lisez Wink
    LuDi
    LuDi

Message par LuDi Ven 25 Juil 2014, 11:12

La courtoisie italienne : http://orologi.forumfree.it/?t=68850978

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 2847651729 

thomasm
    thomasm

Message par thomasm Ven 25 Juil 2014, 13:13

LuDi a écrit:La courtoisie italienne : http://orologi.forumfree.it/?t=68850978

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 2847651729 

Bon, bah on a de la lecture!

Merci pour le lien!
    LuDi
    LuDi

Message par LuDi Ven 21 Aoû 2015, 19:10

Un résultat intéressant du jour, merci à Dave@MWRforum

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 20761550655_e2b9e2a826_b
    Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 20761550725_fdb245d126_b
    Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 20761550735_9d561f4109_b

... auxquels s'ajoutent les frais d'enchérissement de 18%

Ci-joint, le lien de la vente : http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/may-auctioneers/catalogue-id-srto10073?searchTerm=Military+wristwatch&whereToSearch=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.the-saleroom.com%2Fen-gb%2Fauction-catalogues%2Fmay-auctioneers%2Fcatalogue-id-srto10073

L'acheteur de l'Omega 53 Thin Arrow (TA) a fait une excellente affaire.
    LuDi
    LuDi

Message par LuDi Ven 21 Aoû 2015, 19:19

Et j'en profite, retour sur l'Omega W.W.W à l'origine de ce post, réparée et révisée par l'excellent Robert Horan. Je précise que bien qu'anglophone, Robert s'est établi en France (Charentes), ce qui facilite grandement les choses Smile

Pour info, voilà ce que cette montre avait initialement sous le capot

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 Ck244413

... à priori un balancier d'Omega calibre 265 :/

Horlogerie;233209 a écrit:Repair of an Omega 30T2 handwind  movement

The watch was sent in for servicing and possible repair. Included in the package was an extra movement, but a quick inspection revealed that the balance and cock were replacements and not 30T2 caliber parts, therefore unusable. The rest of the spare movement looked ok, so I put it to one side and checked out the watch.

My initial inspection indicated that the balance staff was broken, movement would run dial down but not dial up, and when I moved the balance with the twezers it flopped around – a sure sign of a broken staff.

Disassembly and inspection

First up was the removal of the balance cock, to check the condition of the staff. Much to my surprise the staff was just fine, both pivots were there and looked ok, closer inspection revealed some concerns, the staff was replaced and was too short, the reason it appeared broken on my initial inspection, a closer inspection showed that the roller table was cracked, most likely a result of the staff replacement. So clearly someone had been here before and did some questionable work, wonder how the justified the replacement staff that resulted in a non-working watch.

With the damage to the roller I was reluctant to remove the staff in case the roller ended up unusable, leaving the customer no further ahead than when he sent the watch in, in effect a non-working watch. The jewels are fixed in place and non shock absorbing and there was no way that I could move either of the jewels in attempt to eliminate the excessive end shake.

Given the high cost of replacement parts for this movement (the same day I was doing this job, I happened to have noticed a 30T2 balance complete for sale, at $400.00, ouch) I had to find a solution. If replacing the staff was not an option, and moving the jewels wasn't either, then the only solution I could come up with was to slightly trim the bottom of the balance cock foot, thereby moving the whole cock downwards and correcting the defect. I ran all the scenario's, options, and my findings past the customer, and he agreed to the balance cock re-work.

Here is a view of the balance with the top cap jewel removed, you can see that the pivot is no where to be seen, it's situated down below the bottom level of the hole jewel.

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 _1019569_zps0bcrbh1v

Here's a closer view of the cracked roller table.

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 Cracked%20roller_zpsfvosdhtr

Barrel Bridge arbor bearing damage/botched repair

As I took apart and inspected the rest of the movement, I found more botched workmanship. The barrel bridge bearing for the top barrel arbor pivot was worn, signs are the worn brassing area just at the top of the photo, and of course the botched repair by someone in attempt to correct the wear, all they have done is take an egg-shaped worn hole and squared off the inner edges. Not a good bearing surface if you want to ensure smooth winiding and proper working of the mainspring.

Top view of the punch and hammer damage.

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 _1019583_zpsiq3iodjs

Bottom view of more damage.

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 _1019580_zpslkjzichf

The customer was notified of the damage, and since I had a spare movement I offered to simply swap the barrel bridges, but reminded him that the serial numbers would change due to the serial numbers being engraved on the barrel bridges. As an alternative to keeping the original bridge in place, I suggested replacing the worn bushing by making a new one, he agreed because serial number retention is important on a classic collectors watch.

So I went ahead and reamed out the damaged hole. Work is done on the jewellers press to ensure a perfectly aligned and upright hole which to install my new bushing into.

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 _1019585_zpsuz6uqbr8

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 _1019587_zps8mvjttvk

With the hole enlarged enough to allow fitting of a new bushing, you can see the burr left over that I carefully cut away by hand with a 45 degree cutter.

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 Burr_zps81dg1abu

I made a new bushing on the lathe, cut it off and fitted it into the new hole.

Here is a view of the barrel, new bushing, and barrel bridge.

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 _1019592_zps4c2iefdk

The bushing is pressed home on the staking tool, and secured with a tiny bead of loctite, then the arbor is test fitted multiple times while carefully and slowly reaming the hole until the arbor just fits, then the hole is hardened with a smooth broach and test assembled. With a free turning barrel, with the correct end and side shakes, the job is completed.

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 _1019593_zpsotn0awlh

Here is a view of the fitment to the  underside of the bridge.

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 _1019594_zpsee8ttxrf

The repairs worked out well, the watch runs, in all positions now, I had to make a few minor adjustments to the cock height with the watch running and observing the results on the computer screen of the escapmemnt analyzer, and in the end I was able to get a reasonable rate in all positions that while not within COSC specs, are perfectly acceptable given the alternative, a non-working paperweight. After 24 hours sitting dial up on the bench, it's less than 1 minute out from the atomic time signal, not bad at all, and granted when worn the dynamic movements are going affect the rate, but overall the watch is working and certainly wearable. I think the customer will be pleased when he gets it back.

Here is a view of the watch torn down before cleaning.

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 _1019596_zpsjmslipx1

And since we have only been looking at movement photo's, it's appropriate to end the post with a view of the watch in question.

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 _1019599_zps295ovulh

Omega et autres WWW - Page 2 _1019598_zpsaierx8ry

Thanks for reading.

www.roberthoran.eu
    LuDi
    LuDi

Message par LuDi Ven 15 Jan 2016, 06:48

Contenu sponsorisé

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

La date/heure actuelle est Ven 29 Mar 2024, 00:08